Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thoughts on New Years Resolutions

Let's get it out of the way....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What is it about the new year and resolutions? Might be that I'm older and wiser, but I just don't get it. When I think of resolutions, I think of people vowing to exercise more, eat better, take care of themselves more, etc. I also think of the fact that by February, the majority of them will have given up. I used to be among those 'resolutioners' every freaking year. Kind of gets depressing when you think of all the coulda shoulda woulda moments in life. How about we change the whole resolution deal.

Hear me out. Instead of waiting for New Year's Day and promising yourself a lot of hard to do, white-knuckling things, just treat everyday like new years. Wake up every morning and name some things you vow to do better. A daily renewal is much better than a once a year 'hope I can hang on for more than a month' goal.

Today, I vow to:
Take care of myself by eating reasonably and doing a nice pedicure/manicure and allowing myself to quit trying to please every freaking person on the planet

Take care of my dogs by brushing their coats and giving them lots of affection

Take care of my son by making sure he eats a healthy breakfast and knows how proud I am of him

Take care of my husband by loving him despite his shortcomings and to forget about past problems instead of thinking about them all day.

Take care of my house by making a plan of action for housework and maintenance

How about you? What will be your daily renewal promise to yourself?

*froggy*

No comments: